BECOME A MEMBER
Join our mailing list
or Sign Up for a
THE ARCHIVE: CHRISTCHURCH HISTORY SOCIETY
Ancient arches and heraldic tiled floor from 12th century revealed.
DESCRIPTION OF RECORD:
Removal of the gallery and pews on the floor from the north transept of the Priory Church have revealed two painted arches and tiled floor. Removal of wood flooring leading into the Transept has reveals the memorial slab of John Williams, thrice mayor of Christchurch who was buried in 1660. Taken from the Christchurch (with Mudeford) Parish Magazine.
DATE OF COVERAGE
Attribution Non-Commercial CC BY-NC
GET ACCESS TO THESE ITEMS FROM THE CHS ARCHIVE ROOM
FOR MORE DETAILS & FULL ACCESS TO THIS MATERIAL PLEASE CONTACT OUR RESEARCH TEAM AT email@example.com