Allen White collection. Ruin of Christchurch Castle and mound. Kings Arms croquet lawn in foreground with 3 ladies playing croquet, 1890s. This was the previous site of the 18th C. bowling green and was used for tennis courts in the 1920, being again in 1925 when the new bowling green was laid – which remains to this day. This photo used in Allen Whites book on Castle Street, page 39.