Drawing of the corner premises of Castle Street & Church Street. No 1 Church Street is occupied by Froud Bros. Boot & Shoe Depot (1879 – 1970). The upper part is used by the Christchurch Bicycle Club (1879 – 1884). The scene shows a passing horse carriage with lady passenger, the shop windows are stocked high with footwear. Allen White collection.