Photo from Mrs Coupland to the CHLS Jan 1995. Bargates Christchurch, view looking south, Priory can be seen in the far distance. Group of derelict houses, west side of Bargates which were taken down in 1904 to widen the road for the trams, includes House’ (3 peaked roof features). The sign for the Red Lion can be seen on the far right. Opposite is a thatched cottage (now site of British Legion). This photograph used in Allen Whites book on Bargates page 26, see also map on page 28.