Become a Volunteer
The Christchurch History Society is run by the Members for the Members but led by a number of Volunteers.
Become involved in our many activities and help us to bring the history of Christchurch and its Environs alive – An Invitation from Richard Randerson – our Chairman
If you want to become a Member of the Christchurch History Society then please contact us using the Membership Form and complete and post the form with your subscription by cheque made payable to “Christchurch History Society” and send it to Mr B Guard, Christchurch History Society Membership Secretary, 25 Farm Lane, Mudeford, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 4AH.
By participating as a Volunteer you are able not only to pursue your own interests but help the Society and the community of Christchurch. We value assistance in running the Society. The ways in which Members can help are :-
• Assisting at evening meetings, lunchtime talks, guided walks and coach trips
• Selling books at the ten evening meetings as well as manning stalls at community events
• Assisting with the Research Enquiries
• Writing articles for the Journal for consideration for publication
• Assisting with the distribution of the Journal published quarterly
• Pursuing their own interest in the history of Christchurch and the local area by undertaking small projects
• Undertaking research for projects, publications and exhibitions
• Scanning photographs and documents
• Making oral history recordings
If you are interested in helping in the events and activities of the Christchurch History Society please email us and the Chairman or one of the Executive will get back to you